DENVER, CO – One day, two great products for your garden! Denver Recycles is hosting its annual Mulch Giveaway and Compost Sale this Saturday, May 2, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Denver residents can load up on free mulch and purchase compost at a significantly discounted price, while supplies last.
Pre-bagged compost will be sold at the reduced price of $3.75 per 1.25 cubic ft. bag (9 gal), or loose, at the price of $31.50 per cubic yard (prices includes tax). Compost is only available at the Havana Nursery site while supplies last on Saturday, May 2nd. Loader service into trucks and trailers will be available for large loads of compost purchased. There are limits of 20 bags or 3 cubic yards of compost per vehicle.
Dig-Your-Own free mulch will be available at five locations around Denver, with loader service provided at the Havana site.
- Northeast: Havana Nursery (10450 Smith Rd., just south of I-70 on Havana St.)
- Southeast: Veterans Park (Iowa St. & Vine St.)
- Southwest: Bear Creek Park (South of Dartmouth Ave. on Raleigh St.)
- Northwest: Sloan’s Lake Park (Sheridan Blvd. & 17th Ave.)
- Northeast: Fred Thomas Park (Quebec St. & 26th Ave.)
- Please bring your own pitchfork or shovel, and bags or containers for loading mulch.
- Bring a tarp to cover your truck or trailer.
- Denver residents only.
- Commercial vehicles are prohibited from taking or selling the mulch or compost from this event.
- This annual event is the only opportunity to purchase compost from the Denver Composts program.
- Compost is only available at the main Havana Nursery site, while supplies last.
Compost is a nutrient-rich soil amendment made from decomposed organic material. Adding compost to your soil helps reduce water and fertilizer needs and makes your plants thrive. The compost sold at this event was made from leaves collected through Denver Recycle’s annual LeafDrop program and from the organic materials collected through the Denver Composts program. The mulch for this event was created by grinding and combining the Christmas trees Denver residents set out for Denver Recycles’ annual Treecycle collection program and storm debris branches.
The Mulch Giveaway & Compost Sale is sponsored by the Denver Public Works Denver Recycles program and Denver Parks & Recreation, in partnership with A1 Organics. Call 311 (720-913-1311) or visit denvergov.org/recycle for more information.