Navigating the City on Two Wheels is Easier than Ever
DENVER, CO — There’s a new bike map now available in Denver, giving residents and visitors a latest look at the city’s bicycle program! The map shows the city’s off-street trail system as well as its robust network of on-street bike facilities, including another 39 miles of bike lanes and sharrows that have been added since the map was last updated in 2012. Denver Public Works transportation planners also made the new map simpler and more compact, including helpful biking information such as:
· Rules of the road and courtesy on trails
· Useful accessories for riding
· Signaling left and right turns
· How to load your bike on the bus and train
· A guide to Denver’s green bike markings and what they mean
Residents can download a bike map off the city’s web site at www.denvergov.org/bikeprogram and the new maps will be available around town starting this week at libraries, recreation centers, and through BikeDenver.